We’re Personally Invested In Charitable Organisations
At Epplett & Co., many of our team members are both personally and professionally involved with charitable organisations.
Must-Knows About Charitable Organisations
Charitable organisations are organisations (whether incorporated or not) that carry out charitable activities or exist exclusively for charitable purposes.
Charitable organisations may be formed for the purpose of:
- The promotion of education
- The relief of poverty
- The promotion of religion
- The benefit to the community
Since July 1st, 2008, a charitable organisation needs to be registered by the Charities Commission to receive tax exemptions.
How We Can Help You
Our experience in this area enables us to:
- Collaborate with your legal adviser in forming a Charitable Organisation
- Offer practical advice to on Taxation, Bookkeeping, Governance and Financial Reporting